Sunday 4 September 2016

Happy Teacher's Day!!Behind the scenes

Loads of wishes from deep down my heart, to all teachers who have done the best in their capacity and some even going beyond that to make better people.

For the past few days there has been many beautiful videos trending online, expressing how teachers have made their students better pupils academically and how they have contributed in making their lives better as they have gotten into good careers. Also, the movie Chalk N Duster was telecasted on Vasantham(Singapore's Media Corp. Indian Channel)  in celebration of teachers. I watched the movie and was so reminded of all my teachers.

My mom - my first teacher. She is also a teacher by profession and worked for s semi-government school in The Nilgiris as science/home science teacher for 33 years. She has now retired from her job, but the teacher in her is always interactive and I believe that this is what the profession does to the person. The 'Chalk N Duster'  is a reflection of my mom, what she went through while I was in school. I could not help but think of all the trouble my mom went through to give me and my brother the best. Of course, my dad played an equal role too. The scenes from the movie re-winded a couple of decades down memory lane. Today I appreciate their efforts and I want to say a big THANK YOU to mom & dad- my teachers.

My high school teachers have a great role in having made me who I am today....a teacher by profession. I believe and hope that I have not failed in making them proud. Thank you dear Ms. Indu Ananthachary, Mrs. Chandra Sunder, Mrs. Nalini, Mrs. Benteley, Mrs. Poonam, Mrs. Hyacinth Senior, Mrs. Hyacinth Junior, Mrs. Anitha, Mrs. Usha, Mrs. Beena, Mrs. Jalu, Mrs. Shobana, Ms. Aisha, Mrs. Nirmala, Mrs. Poornima, Sr. Pereira, Sr. Annamma, Sr. Rose, Sr. Hazel. Apologies if I had missed any names.

Teachers are role models, teachers are our mentors, philosophers and knowledge providers. They also teach us values and mold us to become better human beings. My high school and higher secondary school teachers have played a huge role in it. I still remember....during my twelfth-board exams, my mom was sick and had to be admitted in the hospital in Coimbatore for nearly a month for a major ops. I had to stay put in Ooty, to deliver exams. Quite often I used to be upset and worried for mom. But Mrs. Meera, Mrs. Jemima- my standard 12 science teachers,made sure to talk to me everyday and checked on me to see if I studied for exams. They encouraged me and made sure that I was alright. When times were tough and I lacked the confidence to face it, there definitely was a teacher to encourage me and assure me that there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Teaching is a noble profession and quite enjoyable too if you have the passion. That does not mean that teachers do not face difficulties. Just like any other profession, here too there are many ups and downs. At times we feel demoralized, we feel put down, exhausted, compared, thrown to rock bottom on a task....and so on. But nevertheless, when the going gets tough.....teachers get going!!

Our family, students and employers are our strength that keeps us going and making our monotonous life exciting. I thank them for making me realize the worth of the teacher in me.

To all my fellow colleagues and fraternity, I wish every one a HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment