Wednesday 11 July 2012

Should I or Should I Not?

All working mothers go through this mental struggle, whether to stop work and stay with their kids- we can never get enough of our kids growing up time!

Lately I have been thinking about this too often. One major reason why I think so is the timing of work. My work timing is from 9.30am to 7.00pm.So when I leave work at 7.00pm, I reach home in approximately  an hours time  The commutation system in Singapore is so reliable, that I can reach home in 45 minutes. Yet by the time I reach home, it is 7.50pm or sometimes later due to minor jobs at work place. This being the situation I miss tea time with kids, I miss being there for my daughter for prep time, I miss meeting my friends - and keep all due responsibilities for weekends. All I do, when I get back home is ferociously fight with kids, and also fight with hubby- because I  have this feeling that I am the only one at home facing dog-life. Thanks to almighty, I have a supportive family that can understand and accept me. 

I guess it the deprivation of time with family that makes me feel so grumpy when I am actually with them. So instead of enjoying the little time with them, I tend to be moody and am growling at every simple thing. Now readers might want to think I have some bi-polar disorder or something!!

Nope absolutely not- I bet it is the effect that my work is taking on me. So why is it I am not quitting.......sure it has got something to do with my passion for teaching. So until I find the right destination I will still have to hold on tight.......

4 comments:

  1. It seems like " A Working Mom is an OLYMPIAN Too!". I appreciate your effort and pitching knowledge in all the levels. You continue your career, it will enrich your kid's progress.
    You are my aspiring model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That feels so good to read your comments! Welcome to my blog!

      Delete
  2. This is certainly a major question that's in the mind of all mothers at least once in their life especially when their children are young. Being on the other side of the spectrum, I too have the same question...will it better if I work? I guess we can never be 100% satisfied either way. The best solution is to take one day at a time and look at the advantages of our current situation without jeopardising the most important thing..our children. Then the sacrifice is probably worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO true Su, In the hope that the sacrifice is worth it!! I guess my mom also thinks like that.And I hope it has been...

      Delete